awake.net is an online collective wisdom blog envisioned as a collaborative writer-artist-activist-sage community and marketplace to manifest the Mind in all its articulations and to quicken a transformation in human consciousness and culture. Our subject matter is awakening on many fronts – spiritual, social, political, environmental.
High Consciousness, as opposed to low, is the game changer of personal and collective development, of social responsibility, of a culture with reverence for environmental integrity in a finite biological system. We must ascend to the forbidden heights of our own consciousness and flow from the well of our Infinite Being, we must awaken virally, exponentially and NOW.
awake.net is curated by a group of editors and artists who collectively have experience in the fields of media, language, metaphysics, shamanism, psychedelics, and ecology. Our goal is to help the beginner to psychedelics understand what entheogens are, how to journey well, the mysterious ‘nature’ of a psychedelic journey and its short and long-term benefits, as well as first-person accounts and interviews of psychedelic shamanism and spiritual awakenings.
Our primary mission is to the change the public perception of what these psychedelic sacraments are and the role they play in our lives, from evil drug to beneficient ally.
Our audience is the beginner to psychedelics, particularly the trauma survivor, be it of war, rape, child abuse or life.
Our goal is also to introduce a greater public to the psychedelic community and its key influencers over the last few decades, as well as their psychology, philosophy and spiritual consciousness.
Under that overarching umbrella, we will cover several Metatopics
- What Psychedelics Are
- Ways to Journey Well: Set, Setting & Intention,
- The Sacramental Journey
- The History of Shamanism and the Use of Entheogens in Antiquity
- The Oppression and Suppression in Mainstream Cultures Worldwide
- Special Section: The Reconciliation of Opposites as an archetypal pathway that is seeded in the Morphemes of the English language and the Entheogenic experience.
- Law and Cosmic Order: The Culture and Legality of Psychedelics
- Entheogenic Awakenings: First person accounts of a spiritual awakening through the use of psychedelics.
- How Trauma and Addiction Get Healed with Psychedelics
- Spirituality, health, religion, sexuality, psychology and creativity through the lens of the Unitive Experience
- Psychedelics as an Evolutionary Agent
- The Science Behind It
DIRECTORY OF HEALERS
In addition to providing guidelines and first-person accounts of a unitive experience, awake.net is assembling a global directory of excellent healers and shamans, both western and indigenous. Since Ayahuasca, Pscilocybin, MDMA, San Pedro, Ibogaine and LSD are still scheduled substances in the US, most of our listed healers will be outside the US, or function as a church under the religious freedom act. The healers listed in the directory are all free to blog, the best blogs will become part of the greater magazine
AUTHORS & CURATORS
The founding authors and curators of awake.net are:
- Lakshmi Narayan (founder, managing editor)
- Jack Cross (author and curator)
- Eric Swenson (editor and curator)
- Shonagh Home (podcast host, author and curator)
Guest authors, artists and experts from the psychedelic, medical, spiritual, and shamanic community are invited to share their wisdom, knowledge and expertise. Let’s quicken human consciousness.
https://youtu.be/bLblAzuL6Rk It is customary in the mind-manifested world to speak of Set, Setting and Intention, but I would like to begin with something you'll need to bring with you on your journey in Word, ATTENTION, and ones ability to pay with it....
Benjamin De Loenen is the founder of ICEERS (International Center for Ethnobotanical Research, Education & Service) a philanthropic non-profit whose mission is to educate humanity about the power of plant medicines through gathering, researching, and...
A psychedelic awakening is the answer to the divided mind of humanity that is spewing out more and more victims of things like childhood abuse and war crimes. While external forces are often beyond our control, we can change on the inside. Entheogens give...